Device retouching and contact organisation - Week 16

Week 16

Contact another organization for services for the blind

Due to several days of waiting for the reply, I try to call the phone number of the organization that I followed up with. The operator told me that he had already relayed the message to his supervisor and told me to wait for his supervisor's reply. Since I was concerned that my email had been flooded, I sent it again to make sure they saw my message. In addition, I also looked on Google Maps for other organizations that also serve the blind and sent them a message. In total, I found and contacted 3 different organizations.
On these few days, the different organizations gave me different responses, all of which were willing to try out my created product, and the visited date was confirmed and gathered on the following week, which is on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday, respectively.






The pictures shown were the response from the different operating organizations.


Stabilizing the wires connection

This week, I resolder some of the wires to ensure a stable connection, though there is still some noise. I attempted to ask the lecturer for a solution to the noise, but he told me that it could not be fixed; the only way to reduce the loudness of the noise was to change the wire to copper wire and solder it properly. The below video showcases the functionality of the device.


Prepare rationale
Considering next week has a lot of user testing and shooting going on. I also worked on my rationale this week.  


Modeling Visualize the Product version

To actually get clear about what the item should be visualized, I use Blender to model it out. Below are some of the finished render pictures.





Storyboard for Video Rationale
The rationale video will start with a blind worker who highlighted their difficulties in real life. Then, introduce the product with its features and prototype user flow.




References List


www.facebook.com. (n.d.). Malaysian Association for the Blind. [online] Available at: https://www.facebook.com/mabmalaysia [Accessed 10 Mar. 2023].

www.facebook.com. (n.d.). Society Of The Blind In Malaysia - HQ. [online] Available at: https://www.facebook.com/sbmhq [Accessed 10 Mar. 2023].

www.facebook.com. (n.d.). Yayasan Orang Buta Malaysia. [online] Available at: https://www.facebook.com/YayasanOrangButaMalaysia [Accessed 10 Mar. 2023]..

Agencies that I find & visit 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Submission - Week 18

Hand Up Do good Project Proposal - Week 7

Design Planning -Week 5